Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reading A to Z: U is for Unwinding

Unwinding with a book is the best way to relax. I love to read. I have always had my nose stuck in a book, as long as I can remember. My parents always talked about coming upstairs to my crib and finding me holding books and magazines I had pulled off a shelf. They were always held right-side-up and I was paging them appropriately. By 18 months I could identify all of my letters (thanks to hours of watching Wheel of Fortune with my grandfather). At the age of 2 I was reading books on my own. There is a hideous picture of me in the bathroom with the lights off and trying to pull up my pants the rest of the way with one hand. The other hand was holding the book. It was easier to read with the light from the hallway than to take the time to put down the book. I could barely get my hands washed (but always did!).

If I could get paid to read all day, I would. I make very little revenue for doing my book reviews, but it is my favorite job. I get to choose what I want to read and then technically have to read in order to write my review. I have tons of books lined up, so there is always something to read. I always have my phone, which has a Kindle app on it. I always have a book or three in the car. I have some on my computer. I read them in my room, in the car (if someone else is driving) and when I am outside. Books are always with me. I don't think I can get through a day without reading. It's very rare that I can't read. When I am sick, I know it is time to go to the doctor when I can't even focus on a book. They always help me to unwind and relax.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I would love to be a full-time professional reader. Maybe someday our dreams will come true.

    ReplyDelete

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.